BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 3, 2010

Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Love


Immune thrombocytopenic purpura: A blood disorder characterized by the destruction of blood platelets due to the presence of antiplatelet auto antibodies. (Auto antibodies are antibodies directed against the patient's own cells, in this disorder, the patient's own platelets.) Thrombocytopenia refers to a decrease in platelets (also known as thrombocytes). Purpura pertains to the visible hallmarks: purplish areas in the skin and mucous membranes (such as the mouth lining) where bleeding has occurred as a result of decreased platelets.

The main clinical feature in ITP is bleeding. Aside from purpura, evidence of bleeding can include easy bruising ("ecchymosis") and tiny red dots on the skin or mucous membranes ("petechiae"). In some instances, bleeding from the nose, gums, gastrointestinal or urinary tracts may also occur. Bleeding within the brain is a rare but feared complication.

Acute ITP most commonly occurs in young children. Boys and girls are equally affected. Symptoms often, but do not necessarily, follow a viral infection. About 85% of children recover within 1 year and the problem does not return. ITP is considered chronic when it lasts more than 6 months. The onset of chronic ITP may be at any age.

The treatment of ITP depends on the severity of the disease. No therapy is needed in some mild cases. In most cases, drugs that alter the immune system's attack on platelets are prescribed.

Why?? Why do I post those information and give the title "Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura and Love" in this post? So now, I just want to share about my own love story instead of writing definition of love or whatsoever as in the previous posts. ITP... and why this disease makes my life miserable recently? Well, is not me... it’s about my boyfriend who suffered this kind of disease since he was young. When he told me that he is suffering from this disease, I was so shocked and I can’t even think of anything the whole night. I kept wondering why must he? And why does God always gives me the hardest time when it comes to the one I love most? Is that only a coincidence where every time I thought that I want to change to be a better person and when decided to be loyal towards my couple? Sometimes I do ever think of not going to love someone with all my heart... But then, I am the ordinary girl... Who wants her life to be filled with lots of love around her?

God, may he be blessed and please give me the chance to love him for the rest of my life...

0 comments: